Monday, November 01, 2004

Mixing it up a bit TOO much


I have mixed around the blogs a bit again. TrueGrit is not supposed to have all my emotive whining.... you are dear tea blog! Do we cry in our tea? Or is that something else? Cry in the whiskey? I don't remember. Maybe it's milk, but the whole purpose of having the different blogs that I kept alive was to keep their focus relatively pure.

After making the mistake of filling my website with about ten sites worth I thought I had learned the lesson. Anyway, my health is not co-operating with my wishes again. That makes me feel so old. That and if I start recording what I ate during the day.

I like elderly people alot (and now that I am getting closer to that appelation, myself- good thing!), and something I noticed about the communications of the elderly is that they spend an inordinate amount of time talking about their meals.

Although if I counted diet talk in younger ages, I suppose it wouldn't be so proportionally inordinate..... HA!

It's *that* time



Voting time, what did you think? I'm going to go out early tomorrow to vote. I can't believe how different this election is. With "challengers" and "proxy" voting, things I don't recall ever hearing about before. Did I just miss that, or is it new?

The challenger roles sound fairly intimidating. I just read of it when the local newspaper editorialized on their action of making sure a number of their journalists were challenger qualified to make sure they could get onto the voting sites for observations and all.

It seems as though voting will be encombered by all this. Previously, in my lightly populated rural area, I pretty much popped in and out, with only some waiting in the more interest-stirring elections. Now I am not sure what to expect. And if I had only paid more attention I would have realized sooner that Ohio votes on the gay marriage ban.

I have been very remiss in keeping up with the news. I thought the discussion was due to it being a controversial subject. I don't know if I would have written more on it or not, if I had realized it would be on the ballot. I haven't really come down clean on the view I hold on what the place of government is in such matters.

I do know I feel strongly that the definition of marriage should not be changed. And the traditional cultural view in almost every culture is that of the nuclear family consisting of man, woman and offspring. Protection of this has suffered assault in the past several decades. There are more than a few voices who think that the traditional family should be done away with altogether. How close are we to this in our culture? What is the outcome of redefining?

There are lots of times I just want to be left alone....let me live a quiet traditional life and leave me alone. Don't make me think of all the things that create a threat to my family life. Sometimes I am in war mode, but sometimes I just want to be left alone... and leave everyone else to their lives. Laissez faire.

but I know that is not how it works.

And tomorrow I vote. If Kerry gets it, I'll mourn, but I think that the election process is going to be a bit protracted this year and we really aren't going to know quickly.

Talk about mixing it.... political stuff was supposed to go in truegrit. I was supposed to only obsess and whine for you here. Oh well. Life is not so easily compartmentalized for some of us!

Still love me, Kerry-ites? ;)

0 comments: