Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Here was my day. Got up late since I stayed on the computer way too long last night, rushed off bleary -eyed to a bank to clear up a discrepancy in what was supposed to be closed acct., then went to another bank to deposit a check. It was like a mausoleum. I hate buildings that are like mausoleums. The close, musty smelling vault-like feeling. Major Ick. Think of going to work in a building like that ...e.v.e.r.y. day.

Anyway, after that had a nice trip to Wild Oats natural grocery store. I hadn't been there in a couple years, but always liked it. Took a wrong turn that sent me in that direction and decided to make it good and shop for a few things. It perked me right up -buying things that are good for you and looking over the interesting herbal and organic concoctions does that.

Then I went to my voting place. They moved it this year.... so glad my husband reminded me because I was fully prepared to go to the old place ( a church). I would've gotten to the parking lot and thought "hey, where is everybody?!" But it just goes to show that there are times it is good to marry your opposite. I hit at a non-busy time and chatted with some guy in charge of making everything run smoothly. Maybe he was a challenger, but he didn't say. He did say that I was there at the quietest time all day... long lines earlier in the morning.

I'm telling you, this election is wild, in a good way. I suppose it has the makings of going sour afterwards.... but I am glad people care about their priviledge to vote.

0 comments: