Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Grandma Moses

JS Online: Grandma Moses' art getting a 2nd look: "A critic's perspective"

...is an article from some time ago. Something that most people don't know about me is that when I was a child I won an art contest with a Grandma Moses style painting. It was hung in the Art Museum and I received a coffee table book on Grandma Moses, an Arbuthnot anthology of stories, a real life artists easel and oil painting supplies in a metal case. I was really stoked about that art supply set. Going to the museum party was not as much of a highlight, but I remember it being an honor; I got to meet "Lucy" of Lucy's Toyshop ( a kids TV show). I have no idea what they did with my painting.

Anyway, I have always liked that primitive, folk art sort of painting. To this day.