Friday, March 19, 2004

A Name Game


If you call me firefornow, you know me from when I raised hell on the Delphi forums-to do battle,(ahem, of course)
If you call me Ilona, you could be most anyone I have met in some way.
If you call me Mom, you could be one of any ten people.
If you call me Honey, you are the lady at the grocery store.
If you call me Mrs. [husband's last name], you are one of my kids friends .
If you call me stupid, you are going to find me up in your face, with a scary smile on my face.
If you call me Ilona-Balogna, you were one of those bully kids on my elementary school lot- I might have fought you.
If you call me lady, you really don't know me at all.

===============
Upsaid is down for basic accounts like mine for an undetermined amount of time. Server overload, I guess. So here I am with unusual amounts of activity for this blog. But I keep most of my religious and political opinions off this blog. It seems important to separate the streams of tone. Although I am no purist. Too bad, really. If I could keep things more serious and focused I might not have been a half bad writer with some meaningful things to say.

But I go haywire every once in awhile and I act silly or get angry and uppity. Ruins the mood. Distracts people. I have already given up on Xanga. It had no direction. And three blogs are hard to keep up as it is.

==============odd funny stuff I found

Reintarnation: Coming back to life as a hillbilly.

Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the reader who doesn't get it.

Dopeler effect: The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

Intaxication: Euphoria at receiving a tax refund, which lasts until you realise it was your money to start with.

~from The Washington Posts Style Invitational

via this site where you can check out this "weird art".

0 comments: