Wednesday, December 10, 2003

...for tea, though ridiculed by those who are naturally coarse in their
nervous sensibilites, or are become so from wine-drinking, and are not
susceptible of influence from so refined a stimulant, will always be the
favored beverage of the intellectual...
-Thomas De Quincy

There you go..... smart people prefer tea;)

Although still tired in many ways.... much of my anger has somehow vaporized. I don't know where this will take me , although perhaps it is the result of people praying for me and situations around me to resolve in peace.

Perhaps that is it. I am not overwhemed, but feel that I am backing away from my intense feelings.

I exercised today for the first time in forever. My blood pressure was sky-high this morning so I knew I could not keep putting it off. Exercise is one of the few things you can do for yourself to get more healthy pressures. Deal properly with stress, eat better, and exercise.

So I did maybe 30 minutes this morning. Yoga stuff mainly.

I leave you with this fabulous quote:

"Tea had come as a deliverer to a land that called for deliverance; a land of
beef and ale, of heavy eating and abundant drunkenness; of gray skies and
harsh winds; of strong nerved , stout-purposed, slow-thinking men an women.
Above all, a land of sheltered homes and warm firesides - firesides that
were waiting - waiting, for the bubbling kettle and the fragrant breath of
tea."
-Agnes Reppiler

0 comments: